I deleted the previous release because there were numerous errors. This release is fairly error-free (as far as I know). If you see any errors, let me know.Update #4...Added Import/Export functionality of Settings. Yea! go import/export! The two MSI's were updatedUpdate #3...Fixed more errors with the saving of settings, including references. The two MSI's were updated.Release 3 Changes
I added in some code so that you can add Favorite References to a project. You can do this by going through the Class Generator (will not work in ExpressGenerator). This is just an alternate of "Recent" page on the Visual Studio References area.
Added in support for a DefaultSettings.xml file, in case you want to have multiple people on your team installing this... or if you want to keep a record of your current settings before upgrading. (I'll attach an example file. Just put it in the same directory as the MSI when you run the installer). (support for import/export added
I'm testing some support of MySQL connections.
Fixed looooots of errors.Release 2 Changes
I extracted out a common interface to allow for extending the generator and tested it out using an iSeries adapter set.
design for the generator. Forms can now be resized, with anchoring set appropriately.
Added default names for DAC's based on server / database selected.
Standard DAC --> realized that line breaks cause errors in OLE, so added things to remove that.Download
- Download StandardDAC.zip
- If you have Visual Studio Express, get "GeneratorInstallerExpressOnly.msi"
- If you have Visual Studio Professional (etc.) get "GeneratorInstaller.msi"
- Run the Generator Installer that you downloaded.
- If you want to set your default settings before you install it, just add a defaultSettings.xml file within the same folder as the MSI when you run it. (Modify the XML file to your new settings.) Alternatively, you can always change the settings once it is installed.
- Unzip the StandardDAC to where you put your common class libraries. You will need to reference it in your projects.
- Create / Open a project.
- Under Tools - Should be a section for Generator at the top. If not, go to the addin manager and check the generator add in.
- Click any of the 3 options. Note that you will need to go to the settings and set the default databases.
Express / Professional:
- Start > Program files > Generator > Generator Express
The initial release has full support for "SQL Server" CRUD Generation and Integration.
OleDB, ODBC, and OracleClient have limited support. It will manage connections, let you call stored procedures / inline sql, and set up your own class bindings manually to these connections. It doesn't support generating CRUD / Classes, though.
Note that this has not been thoroughly test as of yet.