- Download StandardDAC.zip
- If you have Visual Studio Express, get "GeneratorInstallerExpressOnly.msi"
- If you have Visual Studio Professional (etc.) get "GeneratorInstaller.msi"
- Run the Generator Installer that you downloaded
- Unzip the StandardDAC to where you put your common class libraries. You will need to reference it in your projects.
- Create / Open a project.
- Under Tools - Should be a section for Generator at the top. If not, go to the addin manager and check the generator add in.
- Click any of the 3 options. Note that you will need to go to the settings and set the default databases.
Express / Professional:
- Start > Program files > Generator > Generator Express
The initial release has full support for "SQL Server" CRUD Generation and Integration.
OleDB, ODBC, and OracleClient have limited support. It will manage connections, let you call stored procedures / inline sql, and set up your own class bindings manually to these connections. It doesn't support generating CRUD / Classes, though.
Note that this has not been thoroughly test as of yet.